Saturday, January 8, 2011

Went to Buddha Class, Can’t Wait to Make New Friends!

Two nights ago was Buddha class in a deli in New Paltz. It was really nice. A bunch of people came, like about ten or so, and the guy was really nice and gave a good talk about meditation and how it is really useful. Speaking of which, I am probably going to Buddha sleepover camp a few hours away from here next week for two nights, or one night and two days. I’m a little nervous about it, in sort of silly ways like will there be tea? How much bathroom privacy will I get? These things impact my desire to leave the house quite a bit.

I hung around a little to talk to the Buddha guy about Buddha stuff, and it was nice to get some stuff off my chest – what’s the difference between suppressing thoughts and “choosing” whether to think about them? What about the buying groceries thing, isn’t that impossible if you don’t see anything as good or bad anymore? I don’t get the whole “emptiness” thing yet, what’s the deal? Anyway he was really friendly and said he’s looking forward to talking about Buddha stuff more in the coming weeks, and boy oh boy will I be there in the front row with my hand raised. He did call me “cerebral” which I took in a flattering way, which is vanity, and totally not okay with Buddha, but oh well. One thing at a time.

And I’m working on my class write-up for the class I need to teach for my certification, and it’s pretty engaging, but also sort of difficult. I think I’m making the class too hard, putting too much stuff in it. I’ll try it out a few different ways and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment